- February 29, 2020
- Posted by: dinakcon
Importance of Leading SAFe Scrum Master Training
Today, there is mainstream acceptance of Scrum Master role within SMBs and Large MNCs across the globe. With more and more enterprises appreciating the importance of agility due to ever-changing market demands, it requires the teams to be managed in a certain way, how the work is structured, and the relationship between the organization and the workforce.
This is where the Scrum Master comes into the picture that kicks off Agile transition within the organization by leading a bottom-up change rather than a traditional top-down approach.
Scaling is certainly on the rise, and the role of Scrum Master is maturing in organizations where multiple frameworks are being used. SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) is one of the popular Agile Frameworks, and SAFe Scrum Masters are in great demand to lead Agile transformations across industry sectors. With nearly 400,000 SAFe trained professionals, SAFe Scrum Master training is a widely-recognized training program for individuals and enterprises that are looking to implement Agile transformation throughout their organization. Participants taking part in SAFe Scrum Master will receive SSM Certification upon successfully clearing the exam.
Get Dinak Consulting Advantage
About SAFe Scrum Master Training
This 2-day SAFe® Scrum Master (SSM) certification Training is a popular Agile certification provided by Scaled Agile that provides individuals an understanding of the role of a Scrum Master in an organization that is looking to Scale Agile framework. By attending this SAFe Scrum Master course, participants will gain a comprehensive understanding of Scrum Master in the context of an entire organization, plan and execute PI, enable SAFe across various levels, building high performing Agile teams, and coaching teams to deliver maximum business value at scale.
SSM Certification training will be delivered by an expert SAFe Program Consultant (SPC). These SPCs have extensive experience of scaling Lean-Agile techniques in real-world scenarios, and they achieve the status of SPC only after rigorous evaluation process from Scaled Agile.
Participants must attend a 2-day (16 Hour) classroom training/public workshop delivered by an SPC. At this time, there is no option of taking this SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) Certification Course as online training.
Benefits of SAFe Scrum Master Training
- An SSM certified professional understands enterprise-wide implementation of SAFe Agile
- Ingrains a new Agile mind-set by becoming a Lean-thinking professional
- SAFe Scrum Master stay relevant, more marketable, and expand their career opportunities across industry sectors
- Develop in demand skill set to succeed in a disruptive market by becoming an SSM Practitioner
- Be part of enterprise-wide Lean-Agile transformation while implementing the framework
- Achieve a common goal along with your peers with enhanced team collaboration
- Get a 1-year free membership with SAFe Community Platform
About Dinak Strategy Consulting
Dinak Strategy Consulting Limited is a highly respected strategic process management firm operating in the knowledge industry and dedicated to building excellent delivery capacity in clients and organizations across Africa and beyond. Our goal is to detect, capture,, and develop ideas from within and beyond business with the potential to impact how our clients think about strategy and competitive advantage.
We offer courses in various categories such as Project Management, Business Analysis, IT Service Management, Agile Project Management, IT Security Management and Marketing. We have trained over 5,000+ professionals across Nigeria and are a trusted partner for large companies, small and medium businesses, and government organizations to deliver globally-recognized training and certification programs Dinak Consulting certification training programs are adhered to global standards such as ISACA, PMI, TUV SUD, AXELOS and CIM.
Who’ll benefit from SAFe Scrum Master Training?
Job roles that can benefit from SAFe Scrum Master training include, but are not limited to:
- Team Leads
- Project Managers/Project Sponsors/Executives
- Business Owners/Business Stakeholders/Business Analysts
- Programmers/Designers/Software Engineers/Testers
- Existing Scrum Masters looking to explore their role in SAFe enterprise
- Release Train Engineers
- Team Members of Agile Release Train
- Anyone who is interested in learning SAFe
Prerequisites to take up SAFe Scrum Master Training
There are no prerequisites to take up SAFe Scrum Master training. However, participants, who are intending take the SSM certification exam they need to have:
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
- Basic awareness of Scrum, Kanban, and XP
- Knowledge of software and hardware development process
Upon completion of the training, your details will be added on the Scaled Agile website by the SPC, by which you will be eligible to take up the SSM Certification exam from Scaled Agile.
SGP Exam Format
- Type: Multiple Choice, Multiple Select
• No. of Questions: 45
- Exam Duration: 90 Minutes
- Passing Score: 33/45 (73% passing score)
• Closed Book
Maintaining SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) Credential
One has to maintain SSM credential by renewing it every year from the date of certification by paying USD 100.
SAFe Scrum Master Training Course Overview
Introducing Scrum in SAFe
- Examine basic Agile development concepts
- Explore Scrum basics
- Position an Agile Team in a SAFe Enterprise
Characterizing the Role of the Scrum Master
- Examine the responsibilities of the Scrum Master role
- Explore the characteristics of an effective Scrum Master
Experiencing Program Increment (PI) Planning
- Prepare to experience PI Planning
- Create and review draft PI plans
- Finalize plans and establish business value
- Review final plans and commit to a set of PI Objectives
- Facilitate an effective PI Planning process
Facilitating Iteration Execution
- Experience an Iteration
- Plan the Iteration
- Track the Iteration progress
- Refine the Backlog
- Facilitate the Iteration Review and System Demo
- Continuously deploy with DevOps
- Release on Demand
- Facilitate relentless improvement
Finishing the PI
- Coach the IP Iteration
- Facilitate the Inspect and Adapt Workshop
Coaching the Agile Team
- Act as a servant leader
- Facilitate effective SAFe Team events
- Coach the Agile team using powerful questions
Guide team collaboration and resolve conflicts