- February 29, 2020
- Posted by: dinakcon
Importance of SAFe for Government Training
Digital transformation, instant access for government information and services, greater accountability in spending, security threats, and outdated legacy systems are some of the critical factors initiating the need for change in the public sector.
Though government agencies relied on technology with traditional approaches, it may not be sufficient to address a gaping
hole to develop and sustain new 21st century solutions that keep on evolving at a rapid pace.
As Agile adoption across public sectors has gathered pace, scaling Agile for the entire government agency is certainly not an easy task. Hence, SAFe for Government training for leaders across public sectors is one of the most popular certifications worldwide. With nearly 400,000 SAFe trained professionals, SAFe for Government training is a widely-recognized training program that clearly addresses the most pressing need that is adopting SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) across departments or government programs. Participants taking part in SAFe for Government training will receive SGP (SAFe 4 Government Practitioner) Certificate upon successfully clearing the exam.
Get Dinak Consulting Advantage
About SAFe for Government Training
This 2-day SAFe® for Government Practitioner (SGP) certification Training is a popular Agile certification provided by Scaled Agile that helps individuals to learn the principles and practices of the Scaled Agile Framework, executing ARTs (Agile Release Trains), and leading Lean-Agile transformation in a government agency. By attending this SAFe for Government course, attendees will gain an understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset required for transformation, building high performing
multi-vendor Agile teams, acquiring solutions through Agile contracting, managing technology investments, launching SAFe, planning and delivering value, and leadership behaviors.
SGP Certification training will be delivered by an expert SAFe Program Consultant (SPC). These SPCs have extensive experience of scaling Lean-Agile techniques in real-world scenarios, and they achieve the status of SPC only after rigorous evaluation process from Scaled Agile.
*Participants must attend a 2-day (16 Hour) classroom training/public workshop delivered by an SPC. At this time, there is
no option of taking this SAFe for Government Practitioner (SGP) Certification Course as online training.
Benefits of SAFe for Government Training
- An SGP certified professional understands the implementation of SAFe Agile in a government set up
- Ingrains a new Agile mindset by becoming a Lean-thinking professional
- SGP certified professionals stay relevant, more marketable, and expand their career opportunities across government
- Develop in demand skill set to succeed in a disruptive market by becoming an SGP Practitioner
- Be part of a Lean-Agile transformation while implementing the framework
- Achieve a common goal along with your peers with enhanced team collaboration
- Get a 1-year free membership with SGP Community of Practice
About Dinak Strategy Consulting LTD
Dinak Strategy Consulting Limited is a highly respected strategic process management firm operating in the knowledge industry and dedicated to building excellent delivery capacity in clients and organizations across Africa and beyond. Our goal is to detect, capture,, and develop ideas from within and beyond business with the potential to impact how our clients think about strategy and competitive advantage.
We offer courses in various categories such as Project Management, Business Analysis, IT Service Management, Agile Project Management, IT Security Management and Marketing. We have trained over 5,000+ professionals across Nigeria and are a trusted partner for large companies, small and medium businesses, and government organizations to deliver globally-recognized training and certification programs Dinak Consulting certification training programs are adhered to global standards such as ISACA, PMI, TUV SUD, AXELOS and CIM.
Who’ll benefit from SAFe for Government Training?
Job roles that can benefit from SAFe for Government training include, but are not limited to:
- Leaders and Lead Practitioners
- Executives, Directors, Branch Chiefs
- Managers from Development, QA, Engineering, Architecture, Operations, and Support
- Project Managers and Program Managers
- Program/Project Management Office (PMO)
- ART and Engineering team member responsible for delivering the government programs
- Anyone who is interested in learning SAFe and implementing them in public sector organizations
Prerequisites to take up SAFe for Government Training
There are no prerequisites to take up SAFe for Government training. However, it would be beneficial if participants have:
- A foundational understanding of Agile Manifesto, SAFe Principles, and SAFe House of Lean
- An understanding of government technology programs
- Registered participants will receive pre-reading material related to Agile in government which will be beneficial to go
through before attending the course
The name of the exam is SAFe 4 Government Practitioner Exam. The exam cost is included in your training cost if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Any attempt to retake the exam will cost USD 50.
SGP Exam Format
- Type: Multiple Choice, Multiple Select
• No. of Questions: 45
- Exam Duration: 90 Minutes
- Passing Score: 33/45 (73% passing score)
• Closed Book
Maintaining a SAFe 4 Government Practitioner (SGP) Credential
One has to maintain SGP credential by renewing it every year from the date of certification by paying USD 100.
SAFe for Government Training Course Overview
Advancing Lean-Agile in Government
- Recognize the problem to be solved
- Review the state of Lean-Agile adoption in the S Federal government
- Know the basic constructs of SAFe and the Implementation Roadmap
Embracing a Lean-Agile Mindset
- Embrace the Lean Mindset
- Support the Agile Manifesto
Understanding SAFe Principles
- SAFe Lean-Agile principles
Creating High-performing Agile Teams and Programs
- Create high-performing Agile teams
- Continuously deliver value with Agile Release Trains (ARTS)
- Provision the key ART roles
- Coordinate and integrate multiple ARTs and Suppliers
Planning with Cadence and Synchronization
- Prepare to experience PI Planning
- Create and review draft PI plans
- Finalize plans and establish business value
- Review final plans and commit to a set of PI Objectives
Supporting Program Execution
- Guide innovation and exploration for Programs and Large Solutions
- Manage flow of value
- Update the Program Vision and roadmap
- Define system attributes with Features
- Set priorities with Backlog refinement
- Engage in key SAFe events
Mapping the Path to Agency and Program Agility
- Map the journey to agency/program agility
- Build large programs to align with agency strategy
- Transition from projects to Lean flow of Epics
- Adopt Lean budgeting aligned to Value Streams
- Apply Lean estimating and forecasting with cadence-based development
- Modify acquisition practices to enable Lean-Agile development and operations
- Build-in quality and compliance
- Adapt governance practices to support agility and lean flow of value
Leading Successful Change
- Know how to become a Lean-thinking manager-teacher
- Learn how to lead a SAFe transformation
- Define next steps