- February 29, 2020
- Posted by: dinakcon
Importance of Root Cause Analysis (RCA) through Six Sigma
RCA through Six Sigma allows companies to identify the number of problems occurring each year and the possibility of their recurrence. It helps to determine whether the problems have known or unknown causes and classifies them accordingly. RCA is done with the help of tools such as Cause and Effect Diagram (CED), 5 Whys, Pareto Chart, 8 Disciplines (8D), and pitfalls to avoid in determining and analyzing the root cause.
This RCA through Six Sigma training is provided as both 1-Day and 3-Day training. Where 1-Day training covers the fundamentals of Root Cause Analysis concepts and 3-Day training covers all the RCA concepts and more in a comprehensive manner. Both 1-Day and 3-Day RCA training programs have different syllabus and you can go through the same below.
Get the advantage of getting trained in either of the modules.
Get Dinak Consulting Advantage
- Expert trainer, interactive sessions with case studies
- A copy of RCA through Six Sigma training
- Classes across 108+ locations worldwide
- Instructor-led training that is always on schedule
- Global approval and accreditation
Key Benefits of RCA through Six Sigma for Businesses
- Allows companies to identify the number of problems occurring each year and the possibility of their
- Helps to determine whether the problems have known or unknown causes and classifies them accordingly
- Addresses the problems directly instead of covering up the issues
- Contributes towards significant long-term improvements in the company
About Dinak Strategy Consulting
Dinak Strategy Consulting Limited is a highly respected strategic process management firm operating in the knowledge industry and dedicated to building excellent delivery capacity in clients and organizations across Africa and beyond. Our goal is to detect, capture,, and develop ideas from within and beyond business with the potential to impact how our clients think about strategy and competitive advantage.
We offer courses in various categories such as Project Management, Business Analysis, IT Service Management, Agile Project Management, IT Security Management and Marketing. We have trained over 5,000+ professionals across Nigeria and are a trusted partner for large companies, small and medium businesses, and government organizations to deliver globally-recognized training and certification programs Dinak Consulting certification training programs are adhered to global standards such as ISACA, PMI, TUV SUD, AXELOS and CIM.
Target Audience for RCA through Six Sigma Training
This course is designed for operations staff in manufacturing and service organizations, managers, process owners, and engineers.
About RCA through Six Sigma Training Course
RCA through Six Sigma is an important component of continuous improvement in Six Sigma methodologies. Participants taking up this RCA through Six Sigma course will learn about the tools such as Cause and Effect Diagram (CED), 5 Whys, Pareto Chart, 8 Disciplines (8D), and pitfalls to avoid in determining and analyzing the root cause.
RCA through Six Sigma allows companies to identify the number of problems occurring each year and the possibility of their
recurrence. It helps to determine whether the problems have known or unknown causes and classifies them accordingly. The RCA through Six Sigma course is designed for individuals, teams, and organizations that desire to institutionalize an operating system for structured problem-solving.
RCA through Six Sigma Course Overview (1- Day Training)
- Key Concepts & Principles of Root Cause Analysis
- What is Root Cause Analysis?
- Root Cause: The “Evil at the Bottom”
- Why Root Cause Analysis?
- Principles of Root Cause Analysis
- Applications of Root Cause Analysis
- Root Cause Analysis Tools
- Overview of a Problem Solving Process
- What is a Problem?
- Problem Solving Funnel
- A Simple Problem Solving Process
- PDCA Problem Solving Process
- DMAIC Problem Solving Process
- 8D Problem Solving Process
- What is a Root Cause?
- Dealing with Root Causes
- Root Cause Analysis using 5 Whys
- What are the 5 Whys?
- Benefits of the 5 Whys
- When is 5 Whys Most Used?
- 5 Whys Preparation
- How to Complete the 5 Whys
- 5 Whys Process Funnel
- Examples of 5 Whys
- 5 Whys: Key Points
- Drawbacks of the 5 Whys
- Root Cause Analysis using Cause & Effect Diagram
- Cause & Effect Diagram
- When to Use
- Cause & Effect Diagram (Manufacturing)
- Cause & Effect Diagram (Service)
- Examples of Cause & Effect Diagrams
- How to Construct a Cause & Effect Diagram
- Cause & Effect Diagram: Considerations
- Cause & Effect Diagram: Practice Tips
- Checklists for the 5M1E
- Corrective Actions
- Root Cause Prioritization using Pareto Chart
- Introduction to Pareto Chart
- Pareto Chart: Purpose & When to Use
- Pareto Chart – Data Collection
- Example of Pareto Chart
- How to Construct a Pareto Chart
- Pareto Chart: Tips & Tricks
- Pitfalls to Avoid
RCA through Six Sigma Course Overview (3- Day Training)
- Problem-Solving Process Flowchart (8D Roadmap)
- Problems vs. Opportunities
- Preventative Practices
- Problem Detection & Specification
- Problem Anatomy = |Should – Actual|*Risk
- Causes to Determine
- Cause Structures
- Situation Appraisal
- Known vs. Unknown Cause
- Using Facts, Evidence & Assumptions
- Interim Actions
- Using a Team Approach
- Risk Analysis Tools
- Importance of Language
- Cause-Effect Mapping Methods
- Potential Cause Filters and Generators
- Human Error
- Choosing the Best Solution Profile
- Solution Validation
Exercises & Case Studies