- February 29, 2020
- Posted by: dinakcon
Importance of Professional Scrum Master Training
Today, Agile is no more a buzzword; it is one of the preferred ways to manage projects, especially software development projects. Though Agile has spread across domains, and ‘Agile outside IT’ has already started taking shape in enterprises globally. Scrum is a framework that helps teams collaborate throughout the project lifecycle, learn from experiences, and self-organize, and find new opportunities to improve a product and deliver real value.
Professional Scrum Master 1 (PSM 1) is one of the popular Agile Project Management certifications in the market from Scrum.org that validates an individual’s in-depth knowledge of the Scrum framework and its application in a day-to-day work environment. There is a huge demand for Scrum Masters globally across various industry sectors in both SMBs and Large MNCs. PSM is one such certification that demonstrates potential employers that you have sufficient knowledge of Scrum in an organizational set up, thus making a Professional Scrum Master a truly global professional.
Get Dinak Consulting Advantage
- Interactive instructor-led PSM training
- Expert trainer, interactive sessions with case studies and role plays
- Classes across 108+ locations worldwide
- Instructor-led training that is always on schedule
- PSM study guide prepared by subject matter experts
- Interact with co-participants from a diverse background
- Achieve 16 PDUs/SEUs
- Convenient 2-day training on weekends/weekdays
About PSM 1 Training
This 2-day Professional Scrum Master (PSM) certification Training is an introductory-level certification provided by Scrum.org that provides individuals an understanding of the concepts, values, team performance, iteration, and accountability. The PSM course is not mandatory if an individual has a fundamental understanding of Scrum knowledge, the entirety of Scrum Guide, and applying Scrum within Scrum teams, one can go ahead and take the PSM 1 assessment directly.
Dinak Consulting Learning provides PSM 1 certification training to help you prepare for the assessment, gain an in-depth understanding of Scrum and helps you with the right preparation to achieve a passing score. The PSM course covers key topics, including Scrum theory and principles, Scrum framework, Scrum roles, the definition of done, product delivery with Scrum, Scrum in your organization, role of Scrum Master, and more.
This PSM training will be delivered by an expert Professional Scrum Trainer (PST). These PSTs have extensive experience of using Scrum techniques in real-world scenarios, and they achieve the status of PST only after rigorous evaluation process from Scrum.org.
Participants must attend a 2-day (16 Hour) classroom training/public workshop delivered by a PST. At this time, there is no option of taking this PSM Certification Course as online training.
Benefits of PSM Training
- A PSM certified professional demonstrates a solid base of Scrum knowledge
- Establishes new Agile mind-set to execute the framework at all levels in an enterprise
- PSM certified individuals stay relevant, more marketable, and work better with peers within an enterprise
- Change your mindset and be part of Agile transformation within your enterprise
- Lifetime validity of your PSM certification
About Dinak Strategy Consulting
Dinak Strategy Consulting Limited is a highly respected strategic process management firm operating in the knowledge industry and dedicated to building excellent delivery capacity in clients and organizations across Africa and beyond. Our goal is to detect, capture,, and develop ideas from within and beyond business with the potential to impact how our clients think about strategy and competitive advantage.
We offer courses in various categories such as Project Management, Business Analysis, IT Service Management, Agile Project Management, IT Security Management and Marketing. We have trained over 5,000+ professionals across Nigeria and are a trusted partner for large companies, small and medium businesses, and government organizations to deliver globally-recognized training and certification programs Dinak Consulting certification training programs are adhered to global standards such as ISACA, PMI, TUV SUD, AXELOS and CIM.
Who’ll benefit from PSM Training?
Job roles that can benefit from PSM training include, but are not limited to:
- Members of Scrum Teams including developers and product owners
- Team members transitioning to Scrum
- Delivery Managers
- QA and Testing Professionals
- Aspiring Scrum Masters
- Anyone who wants to learn Scrum and be part of the next transformation
Prerequisites to take up PSM Training
There are no prerequisites to take up PSM training.
PSM Exam Details
Upon completion of your PSM 1 course, you will receive the password (within 3-5 business days). The cost of the PSM 1 exam is USD 150. The assessment password does not expire and remains valid until the same is used (one attempt only).
- Type: Multiple Choice Questions (True/False)
• No. of Questions: 80
- Exam Duration: 60 Minutes
• Passing Score: 85%
- Language: English only
Maintaining PSM Credential
There is no need to maintain PSM 1 credential, as the certification is valid for life.
PSM Training Course Overview
Scrum Theory and Principles
- Why does Scrum work?
- Theoretical foundations and principles
- How Scrum differs from traditional software development and why it is better for product development?
- Benefits of Scrum
The Scrum Framework
- How Scrum theory is implemented through time-boxes events, roles, rules, and artifacts?
- How can these be used most effectively?
- Product Owner and their role in Scrum
- The need for a Scrum Master
- Appointing a Scrum Master
- Self-organized Development Team
- Self-organizing team vs. Self-managed team
- Are developers cross-functional or the development Team cross-functional?
The Definition of Done and Acceptance Criteria
- Delivering a truly DONE software
- Definition of DONE in Scrum and its importance
- Why not having a technical debt is critical to a growing organization
Product Delivery with Scrum
- Learn by doing
- How to work in a group as a real Scrum team
- Practicing Scrum on live project
- Scrum team role plays
- Creating artifacts to understand transparency and using events for inspection and adaptation
Working with People and Teams
- Resolving people and team problem
- Group discussions around challenges while organizations adopt Scrum
Scrum in your Organization
- Assessing what organizations do good or not so good while practicing Scrum
- Identifying areas that need further improvement
Working with Enterprise Challenges
- Acceptance towards change, and what can be done to make it real?
- Understanding which organizational changes needed to see the real benefits of Scrum?
The Role of the Scrum Master
- Empowering change agent with the knowledge to facilitate change
Essential Elements for an Agile way of working
- The pros and cons of the Agile way of working
- Organizational agility and ways to adopt
- Roadmap for organization agility vs. renting processes