- February 29, 2020
- Posted by: dinakcon
Importance of Certified Scrum Product Owner Training
In today’s highly projectized business environment where anything and everything is a project, Agile has clearly picked up the ante from traditional waterfall methods to address enterprise transformation to meet market demands and stay ahead of the competition. With projects, key stakeholders will have their own vested interests that are in line with critical
business objectives, and Scrum Product Owner is one such key stakeholder whose responsibilities lie in creating a vision and conveying the same to the Scrum team.
Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) is a globally-recognized certification for professionals who are comfortable with the business side of projects by creating a vision, product backlog, and monitor the work of the development team. CSPOs are responsible for the product and ensure it satisfies the needs of all the stakeholders. In fact, CSPOs are the most highly sought-after professionals globally, where Agile implementation is a key strategic objective for businesses worldwide.
Get Dinak Consulting Advantage
- Interactive instructor-led CSPO training
- Expert trainer, interactive sessions with case studies and role plays
- Classes across 108+ locations worldwide
- Instructor-led training that is always on schedule
- CSPO study guide prepared by subject matter experts
- Interact with co-participants from a diverse background
- Achieve 16 PDUs/16 SEUs
- Convenient 2-day training on weekends/weekdays
About CSPO Training
This 2-day Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) certification Training is a foundation-level certification provided by Scrum Alliance that is ideal for product owners who work with key stakeholders, manage end-to-end project vision, create user stories, and clearly define expectations from the project.
The key takeaways upon completion of this CSPO training are gaining a fundamental understanding of CSPO terminology, official designation as “Certified Scrum Product Owner,” and two-year membership from Scrum Alliance.
This CSPO training will be delivered by an expert Certified Scrum Trainer (CST). These CSTs have extensive experience of using Scrum techniques in real-world scenarios, and they achieve the status of CST only after rigorous evaluation process from Scrum Alliance.
Participants must attend a 2-day (16 Hour) classroom training/public workshop delivered by a CST. At this time, there is no option of taking this CSPO Certification Course as online training.
Benefits of CSPO Training
- A CSPO certified professional demonstrates skills, knowledge, and principles of Scrum
- Ingrains a new Agile mind-set to execute the framework at all levels in an enterprise
- CSPO certified individuals stay relevant, more marketable, and expand their career opportunities across industry sectors
- Be part of Agile transformation within your enterprise by managing risks while implementing the framework
- Achieve a common goal along with your peers with enhanced team collaboration
- Get a 2-year free membership with Scrum Alliance
About Dinak Strategy Consulting
Dinak Strategy Consulting Limited is a highly respected strategic process management firm operating in the knowledge industry and dedicated to building excellent delivery capacity in clients and organizations across Africa and beyond. Our goal is to detect, capture,, and develop ideas from within and beyond business with the potential to impact how our clients think about strategy and competitive advantage.
We offer courses in various categories such as Project Management, Business Analysis, IT Service Management, Agile Project Management, IT Security Management and Marketing. We have trained over 5,000+ professionals across Nigeria and are a trusted partner for large companies, small and medium businesses, and government organizations to deliver globally-recognized training and certification programs Dinak Consulting certification training programs are adhered to global standards such as ISACA, PMI, TUV SUD, AXELOS and CIM.
Who’ll benefit from CSPO Training?
Job roles that can benefit from CSPO training include, but are not limited to:
- Project Team Members
- Project Managers
- Product Managers
- Product Owners
- Software Developers
- Professionals aligning to Scrum within an organization
Prerequisites to take up CSPO Training
There are no prerequisites to take up CSPO training.
Maintaining CSPO Credential
One has to maintain their CSPO credential by renewing it every two years by obtaining 20 SEUs.
CSPO Training Course Overview
1. Product Owner Core Competencies
Fundamentals of the Product Owner Role
- Describe at least three distinct responsibilities of the Product Owner and at least two benefits of mastering the
- Identify the impact on a Scrum Team and organization of at least three anti-patterns that might exist for Product
- Discuss at least three types of organizational contexts that affect the approach to the Product Owner
Working with Stakeholders
- Use at least one technique to provide transparency to stakeholders on progress toward
- List at least three techniques to engage stakeholders to gather information or
- List at least three different decision-making approaches a Product Owner might
- Discuss at least two situations where the Product Owner might act as a neutral facilitator and when they might use a
different engagement approach.
Working with the Development Team
- Describe how the Product Owner collaborates with the Development Team for activities such as defining “Done” and backlog creation, refinement, and
Product Ownership with Multiple Teams
- List at least three challenges of being a Product Owner with multiple
2. Describing Purpose and Strategy
- Describe vision and practice the creation of a product
- Describe strategy and relate it to mission and
Product Planning and Forecasting
- Describe at least three different strategies for the incremental delivery of a
- Explain at least three techniques to plan product delivery over
3. Understanding Customers and Users
- Describe why a Product Owner performs discovery and validation
- Illustrate at least one approach for segmenting customers and
- Practice at least one technique to prioritize between conflicting customer (or user)
- Describe at least three aspects of product discovery and identify how each contributes to successful product
- Use one technique to describe users and customers, their jobs, activities, pains, and
- List at least three ways to connect the Development Team directly to customers and users, and describe at least three
benefits of Development Team direct interactions.
4. Validating Product Assumptions
- Describe how Scrum supports validating product
- List at least three approaches to validating assumptions by their cost and the quality of
- Describe at least one approach to choosing which assumption should be validated
5. Working with the Product Backlog
Differentiating Outcome and Output
- Describe the relationship between outcome and
- Describe at least three attributes of a Product Backlog item that help assess maximizing
- Define value and list at least two techniques to measure
- Describe value from the perspective of at least three different stakeholder
- List at least five terms and definitions related to product economics that contribute to financial
- Describe at least three criteria for ordering the Product
Creating and Refining Items
- Identify at least three sources of Product Backlog
- Describe at least three techniques for generating new Product Backlog items and create at least one Product Backlog item that includes description of desired outcome and
- List at least three techniques to enhance customer or user contribution to creating Product Backlog
- Describe at least one approach to Product Backlog